Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Cooling Off

Read More

Cooling off on a hot day

Most of Australia has been experiencing a heat-wave. This makes riding a bit more challenging. So to beat the heat on my ride today, I thought I’d take a break at the half-way point and go for a swim.


Lake Samsonvale

Many of the trails around the lake are kilometres from anywhere. Knowing that the nearest person might be several kilometres away often gives me a wonderful feeling of solitude.


Lake Samsonvale

The views are great too.


Parked Bike

So I just found a quiet spot, parked the bike, and jumped in.


Cooling off on a hot day

I loved the feeling of having such a large lake all to myself, and enjoyed cooling off. The water was delicious. I think I could make a habit of this!



No comments: