Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mosquito Creek

Read More

Mosquito Creek Crossing

One of my favourite spots on the Dunlop Lane / Smiths Road loop is the Mosquito Creek crossing. It’s in the middle of several km of quiet bushland trails. When I first rode it, I had to dismount to complete the crossing, but these days I just zip across it on the bike and always feel smug about it :)


Survey Tree, Kurwongbah

Another survey tree. It’s amazing how once you know what to look for, these trees just seem to pop up everywhere.


Surveyors “blazed” Iron Bark Eucalypts like this one, for use as survey markers, because the species is very slow growing. So a mark will remain relatively unchanged for decades. This one is probably almost 100 years old. I’ll update when I find out more info from our wonderful local history librarian.


Moo?

A camel thinks she’s part of the herd. I stopped the bike and asked the camel if I could take her picture. The only reply I got was a very low grumble. Camels have attitude!



No comments: