Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Government Street, Deception Bay

Read More

This is Government Street, Deception Bay. I think the name is quite apt. It looks promising when you start following it, but eventually you end up bogged, and (in the case of the car) never see the light of day again.


But what a ride!


I just followed a few single trails in the bushland between North Lakes and Deception Bay, over a rickety handmade log bridge, held together with bits of rope, and stumbled across this swamp.


Unfortunately I fell over in the stinking mud as I tried to ride through it, and came out the other side smelling like the boys toilets at a primary school (remember?).


Thankfully I had a spare pair of gloves and socks, so I was able to clean up on the other side and ride home.


The best part of a ride is discovering something new.


Today’s ride was awesome.





No comments: