Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Sunrise Cycle around Pine Rivers

Read More



Our family is lucky to live in such a beautiful place.


Here’s a video I took with a mobile phone of one of my bicycle rides around the local area. I strapped my Nokia 95 to my handle bars, pressed the “record” button and started riding. It’s a bit shaky, and you can hear some heavy breathing when I ride up Grant Street, but it’s always a pleasant ride, and a great way to start the day.


Pine Rivers has some spectacular scenery along with some amazing history. The Hoop and Bunya Pines are gorgeous, the Lakes look fantastic, the D’Aguilar Range in the background is impressive. I’ve only just started to appreciate all of this, and highlights to me that if we’re not mindful, we can spend our time in wonderful places and often never see or appreciate the splendour that is staring us in the face.


So I tell everyone who’ll listen – get on a bike and have a look around the place where you live. Ask questions, find out about your local history. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!


View Larger Map


No comments: