Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cycling by the Lake

Read More

Lake KurwongbaTracks at Lake Kurwongba


I took a few photos of Lake Kurwongba while I was out cycling this morning.


I’m aiming to find a one hour circuit that is mostly dirt trails, parks and bike paths. I think this is about the closest I’ve come to it. It’s about 95% off-road, which is great! I thought the things to watch out for on the roads were cars, but this morning an agressive magpie smacked me in the side of the helmet. Luckily he bounced off :)


I’ve included a map of the trail below.  And here’s a profile of the trail showing my speed and altitude.  This one has a lot of hills, which is why the average speed is a lot lower than some of the other routes I’ve taken.



View Larger Map


No comments: