Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fun with genetics


Party sparklers on steroids. Lawnton on a Saturday night :) - 12seconds.tv

"What's a sparkler bomb got to do with genetics", you ask.

Towards the end, after the "sparkles" there's a whispery high pitched laugh, a bit like "Mutley" on 70's cartoon "Whacky Races". That's me. But what's wierd is it's how my Dad laughs too, especially at something "Naughty". I'm sure if he had popped over here last night, we both would have been laughing like this!

I love Dad, so it's always fun to discover something else I have in common with him.

Oh, and by the way, well done on the fireworks boys! The neighbors probably think we're forcing down the price of real estate in the area, but you demonstratred a good grasp of physics and chemistry to pull off such a spectacular display.


Part time models - Youtube

And Jonno, my son, I'm really proud of your most recent bass guitar performance on this video. Nice to know we share some music genes, although yours seem to have mutated from Jazz into Heavy Metal.

I should mention that your bass guitar broke shortly before this performance, so you were playing on a totally unfamiliar instrument.

Well done mate.

Genetics can be nightmarish at times, but I think these two videos demonstrate that it can be fun too!

No comments: