Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Friday, August 01, 2008

Aboard Ellinis, 1965


Aboard Ellinis, 1965
Originally uploaded by MagicTyger

Neil (me) and Karen (in the pram).

I don't know who that is pushing the pram.

Mum tells me that most days aboard Ellinis, she didn't have much to do except walk Karen and me around the decks. She was 6 months pregnant.


Mum writes:
We arrived at Southampton docks after a long journey by train from London. After what seemed an eternity we finally boarded the Ellinis. I had never been on a ship before. We were shown to our cabin, which infact was old crew’s quarters.

Those weeks at sea were a strange experience for me. We did have some fun times, but mostly it was hard work looking after two small children whilst being pregnant with a third. Also I suffered from seasickness. And was feeling very home sick.

No comments: