Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spectators

Read More

Spectators

I had the distinct feeling I was being watched by dozens of pairs of eyes as I cycled through the wetlands at Deepwater Bend this morning.


This beautiful reserve at the mouth of the Pine River has many hectares of swampy pastureland inhabited by a large number of kangaroos and wallabys.

Spectators

It also has some picturesque fire-trails that are perfect for riding around early in the morning!


Spectators

Photographing these guys while riding a bike is almost impossible. In fact at the first opportunity I found for a photo, I forgot to un-clip from my pedals, and fell off. I could almost hear the Kangaroo snickering (or maybe saying "Tut tut tut" as he bounded off.

Spectators

In full flight they’re magnificent to watch – muscular, streamlined and effortless.



View Larger Map


No comments: