Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Memorable Minute

Read More

"Tempus Fugit" by Nafra Cendrers


Imagine you have one minute to live, and after that nothing.


What thoughts would occupy your mind during that minute?


What memories would you recall?


As you watched the second hand move inevitably towards the end of the minute, what precious images would your mind hold on to?


I tried this mental exercise a few days ago whilst on a flight, and experienced one of the most memorable minutes of my life. As the clock “struck twelve” I had tears in my eyes – not from sadness at it coming to an end, but from gratitude at the wonderful people that are in my life, and the most amazing life that I have the privilege of living. For me it highlighted those things that are really important… and those things that don’t really matter.


Perhaps we regularly need a “Memorable Minute” to keep our lives in focus.


No comments: