Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Monday, November 07, 2011

We Love Brisbane

Read More

Liz and I took the kids into the city on Sunday for a ride on the City Cat, a stroll around South Bank, and a wander through GOMA. I’ve lived in this wonderful city most of my life, and I think I take it for granted, because I was quite surprised how beautiful it is.

Klezmer Band

As usual, South Bank was abuzz with lots of activity. This Klezmer band got my toes tapping.

Victoria BridgeBrisbane

We enjoyed the walk along the riverside, watching the sun bouncing off the buildings. I was really surprised to see a vegetable garden down this end of South Bank. Rather than flowers, someone has planted Cauliflower, Fennel, Coriander and a myriad of other edible plants. It’s great to see.

Brisbane from the City Cat

At the end of the day, we hopped back on the City Cat and rode back to Bretts Wharf at Hamilton.

Brisbane from the City CatWindy

Harrison decided he preferred to stand up the front and let the wind blow him around.

Brisbane from the City Cat

A great day. We made it up as we went along, and as luck would have it, everything turned out really well!


No comments: