Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Monday, May 30, 2011

Putting the “Mountain” in the Bike

Read More

Emu Mountain

Emu Mountain is a great little national park just north of Coolum where we spent the weekend. It has some interesting walking tracks which we’ve done with the kids before, but this time I felt like exploring it on my bike.


I didn’t intend to ride up it, but when I saw the gnarly tracks heading up the hill, I couldn’t resist.

Emu Mountain Summit

The cllimb wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be, and (as always) the view was fantastic. This view is looking south back down to Coolum where we were staying.


Emu Mountain Summit

As you can see, a lot of the land in the area is forest – right by the sea, and quite unspoilt.


Stumers Creek

Eventually I rolled back down the gnarly hills and stopped briefly on the beach at Stumers Creek.


A beautiful finish to a wonderful weekend!


No comments: