Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A Big Week

Read More

Over the last week I’ve had an overseas visitor. I took the week off work so I could take my friend Miles on a few rides around our local area.


As always, I felt like there was so much to see and so little time, so I think I overdid it a bit.


Here’s a summary of what we did:


Day 1

Clear Mountain TrailsClear Mountain TrailsClear Mountain Trails


He’d only been off the plane 90 minutes, and I dragged Miles and his bike up to Clear Mountain. This place is fun to ride, but it has some really steep sections. Miles handled it admirably. 30km in 2 hours with 644 metres of ascent.

More info: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/226710953


Day 2




A huge loop through D’Aguilar National Park. 45km in about 6 hours with 2,000m of ascent.

More info: The D’Aguilar “Big W”


Day 3




A tour of the Glasshouse Mountains. 64km in just over 6 hours with 1,050m of ascent.

More info: Beerburrum – Woodford Loop ‎


Day 4


Adare Homestead. On our way to Yarraman, we decided to stop at John Pinnell’s place to ride a few laps around his mountain biking race track on the eve of the Queensland State Championships. 16km in 1.5 hours with about 360m of ascent.

More info: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/228289945


Day 5




A loop through the forest from Yarraman to Maidenwell and back. 66km in about 7.5 hours with 1,200m of vertical ascent.

More info: Yarraman – Maidenwell


Day 6




A large loop along some old coach routes from Yarraman to Nanango, and back through the Seven Mile Diggings gold fields to Blackbutt and back to Yarraman via the rail trail. 82km in 7.5 hours, 1,300m of ascent. Miles decided he’d sit this one out and rode some single trails at Bunyaville and Gap Creek instead.

More info: Seven Mile Diggings


Summary


For the week I did 303km in 21 hours with 6,600m of ascent.


I feel tired :)


No comments: