Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Clear Mountain Lookout

Read More

I hiked up to the lookout on Clear Mountain this morning. It’s pretty steep in places – even on foot, so it’s a good workout, and the views are worth the effort.


Pineapple Break

I started walking up the “Pineapple Break”. Perhaps it was called this because it borders a former pineapple farm. But I like to think it’s because pineapples grow wild by the side of the trail. Note to self: Come back here when it’s pineapple season :)


Where Angels Fear to Tread

On the way up, there are myriads of jump ramps along the steep tracks built by crazy down-hill mountain bikers. There’s no way you’d get me launching off one of these things!


The Spider and the Lake

Looking down towards Lake Samsonvale while a large spider waits for breakfast.


The Butterfly and the Lake

A butterfly flutters into view as I enjoy the views from the top of the mountain.


Ship on the Bay

A container ship is just visible out on Moreton Bay.


Eucalyptus Leaf

Mountain Stream

One of the many streams trickling down the hill


The best part of today’s hike was enjoying new tracks I’d never tried before and great views of my local area from the top.


No comments: