Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Coolum Tracks

Read More

I’m amazed at what you can find when you explore some of the quiet tracks and dirt roads out the back of Coolum.


Today I headed out the back of an industrial estate of all places (who spends time in an industrial estate when you’re holidaying at the beach????) and discovered some quite fire roads meandering through the open forest. If you would have been a bystander hiding behind a bush as I whizzed by on my 29er, you would have heard a crazy guy yelling out “Awesome!” repeatedly.


When it comes to having fun (which is a major priority in my life) I think the major thing is to experience pleasant surprises.


I was very surprised today.


Coolum Tracks

Some of the beautiful open tea-tree and eucalypt forest that the trails wind through


Closing Down

I just stumbled upon this old shed and hliarious sign by accident – by turning left instead of right. Although it’s superflous for obvious reasons, the sign says it all.


Stumers Creek, Coolum

Stumer Creek peacefully meanders through the bush behind Coolum.



View Larger Map


No comments: