Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Monday, November 02, 2009

The Bike Monster is gonna get you

Read More

At the half way point on our 62km cycle around Lake Samsonvale I got an SMS from the kids asking how I was going, so I sent them this pic to let them know I was still alive.


In hindsight, this pic doesn’t say “I’m alive”. More like “I’m the bike monster and I’m going to eat you”. Sorry kids :)


Thanks for taking the photo, Steve.


That shirt is a bit bright, isn’t it? And I really need to cut those cable ties off the helmet! The magpies have gone for another year.


The ride itself was hard work. We rode from Petrie, north west to Dayboro, south through Samsonvale to Mount Samson and Yugar, then North East through Draper and Warner home.


The total climb was about 740m or 2,500 feet. That’s the most I’ve ever done in one ride.


I really enjoyed it, but was pretty tired afterwards.


The map below gives you an idea of the route.  If you’re interested, here’s a link to Steve’s record of the route which has a nifty little animation that shows you us moving around the map.



View Larger Map


No comments: